Using our Gravel Collection at home, you can create the sundaes of your dreams.
But to make the dreamiest sundaes, you’ll need know how to make a key ingredient: fresh, hand-whipped cream.
What you need to make whipped cream at home and and how to master the quick process:
- 1 cup (8 dollops) heavy cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large metal or glass bowl, chilled
- 1 balloon whisk
- Chill the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes; it should be cold to the touch.
- Add the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract to the chilled bowl and whip by hand.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
Chilling the bowl makes a huge difference. The colder the bowl and the cream, the faster the cream will whip and thicken.
As for the cream, if you can find non-homogenized cream, use it. Non-homogenized cream whips up faster and it has a lovely light-yellow hue.
Making whipped cream at home:
Mix the cream with the sugar:
Add the vanilla extract. Now whip it, whip it good:
Voilà! Beautiful hand-whipped cream with a lovely light-yellow hue, courtesy of grass-grazed, non-homogenized cream: