We’ve fallen hard for Lucius, the Brooklyn band with the let’s-get-happy, sweet-as-candy number Turn it Around. The cheery, instantly catchy tune blends grand, sis! boom! bah! pop-rock with the warm, richly layered vocals a la ’60s “girl groups”. Think Arcade Fire and Fun! meets the Ronnettes and the Shangri Las. Just try not sing along and tap your feet straight out of the gate. We dare you.
Rolling Stone, which had great things to say about Lucius’ full-length debut Wildewoman, named Lucius “a band to watch” and “the best band you may not have heard yet.” Well, here’s your chance. We’re giving away two pairs of tickets to see Lucius on October 8 at Chicago’s Metro. We can’t stop listening to Wildewoman, the five-piece’s enthralling debut album, celebrating its one-year anniversary on October 15.
We’ll tell you how to win tickets at 2 p.m. (CDT) today on @jenisCHI and the Jeni’s Southport Facebook page. The contest will run for 24 hours, and we’ll pick the winners at 2 p.m. (CDT) tomorrow on Twitter and Facebook.
For those of you who don’t live near Chicago, here are your other chances to see Lucius this year:
- Sep 30, Birmingham, AL – Iron City
- Oct 1, New Orleans, LA – Tipitina’s
- Oct 3, Austin, TX – Emo’s
- Oct 4, Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Festival
- Oct 7, Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
- Oct 8, Chicago, IL – Metro
- Oct 9, St. Louis, MO – Off Broadway
- Oct 11, Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Festival
- Dec 5, Albany, NY – The Hollow
- Dec 6, New York, NY – Terminal 5