Sadly, the BeetleCat Coconut Pie Sundae—our ice cream interpretation of chef Ford Fry’s addictive coconut pie—is no longer in scoop shops. The good news? It’s super simple to recreate at home! Which you’ll want to do because it just feels good eating this sundae. It’s sunny and bright with pops of coconut, lots of toasted caramel notes, and a honey graham cereal topping that mimics the savory-sweet crunch of the pie crust. Here’s how to pull it all together.
BeetleCat Coconut Pie Sundae
Makes 1 sundae
- 1 scoop Salty Caramel ice cream
- 2 tablespoons Salty Caramel Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey Graham Oh’s Cereal
- Dollop honey coconut whipped cream (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons toasted, sweetened coconut flakes
Top a scoop of Salty Caramel ice cream with Salty Caramel sauce, Honey Graham Oh’s cereal, and a dollop of honey coconut whipped cream. Finish with toasted coconut flakes. And enjoy!
For the honey coconut whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoons coconut flavor (such as McCormick)
Chill a small metal glass bowl in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes; it should be cold to the touch. Add the cream, honey, and coconut flavor to the bowl and whip by hand mixer.