Brambleberry Crisp Double Down
Makes 8 servings
- 1½ – 2 cups sugar (depending on sweetness of berries)
- 8 cups red raspberries, black raspberries, and/or blackberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes and chilled
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-2 pints Brambleberry Crisp ice cream
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Butter a 13×9 inch baking dish. Mix sugar, berries, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons flour in a large bowl. Transfer to the baking dish.
Put butter, brown sugar, the remaining 1½ cups flour, and the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl and blend by rubbing the dry ingredients into the butter with your fingertips. Work quickly so that the butter does not melt. When the mixture looks like coarse sand, add the oats and mix well. Crumble over fruit.
Bake until the fruit bubbles at the edges and the oat streusel is crisp and beginning to brown on top, about 1 hour. Cool for about 20 minutes. Serve topped with a scoop (or two) of Brambleberry Crisp ice cream.